FRIED KWAY TEOW
- 1 kg flat rice noodles (kwayteow), cut into 1 cm wide strips
- 400g fresh prawns, shelled and deveined
- 400g cockles, steamed and removed from shell
- 250g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 450g beansprouts, remove tails
- 200g chinese chives, cut into 3 cm length
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) thin soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) thick soya sauce
- 3 fresh red chillies, pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, pounded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- Heat oil in wok and fry the pounded chillies and garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and quickly stir fry for another 2 minutes before adding the cockles.
- Add the beaten eggs, making sure to stir quickly so that it doesn't become a hard scramble. Add the light soya sauce, dark soya sauce and beansprouts.
- Add the noodles and mix thoroughly. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir fry for another 3 minutes and add the chives before turning off the heat.