Foie Gras with Red Velvet Sauce
INGREDIENTSFor Foie Gras
- 1 foie gras, whole
- Slices of toasted bread
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar (or maple syrup or honey)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Porto (or muscat or any sweet alcohol)
- 1 cup blueberries 1 cup blackberries 1 cup raspberries Cinnamon
- Separate the 2 lobes of the foie gras.
- Cut each lobe into 1-inch thick slices (21⁄2cm).
- Add salt.
- In a very hot pan, sear the slices of foie gras for few minutes on each side until golden brown (don’t add any fat or oil).
- Remove the fat surplus from the pan as it appears and keep.
- Finish cooking the browned slices in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes at 200°C/400°F. Keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place the onions in a pan and cook with olive oil.
- Add the sugar, red wine vinegar, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries to the pan. Deglaze with the porto, and add the basil.
- Remove the foie gras from the oven. Pour the liquid fat into the pan and combine with the sauce.
- Do not mix.
Place the slices of foie gras on a piece of toast and cover with berry sauce.