Fizzle Warm Apple Pancake
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (60 mL)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (2 mL)
- 3 eggs, beaten (3 )
- 1 cup skim milk (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup flour (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (125 mL)
- 2 tsp sugar (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (250 mL)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. In large 10-inch oven proof skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, add canola oil. Tilt pan to coat the edges. Add apples and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sauté well for about 5 minutes or until apples are softened.
- In medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, flours, sugar and salt. Beat well.
- Pour batter over cooked apple mixture in oven proof pan. Sprinkle sliced strawberries over top of the batter.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
- Dust with icing sugar or drizzle with maple syrup and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.