Financiers “Raspberry Almond Cakes”… So Parisian !
- 200g icing sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 65g all-purpose flour
- 165g unsalted butter
- 4 egg whites (130g)
- A pinch of salt
- 250g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven at 360°F (180°C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter until it turns into a light brown color. be carefull of not burning it! Remove it from the stove, and deep the bottom of your saucepan into a water bath. Keep at room temperature.
- Sift the icing sugar. In a bowl, incorporate almond meal, flour, and salt. Combine. Add egg whites and stir with a spatula. Add butter, and stir to combine until you get a smooth mixture.
- Reserve this batter in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take a silicon mould (rectangle or muffin mould). Garnish at halfway in using a pastry bag.
- Push 2 raspberries per cake in the batter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 360°F
- Remove from oven, leave on the rack at room temperature, and wait it's cold before unmolding. Store the cakes into an iron box. You can keep it 4 days. Otherwise, you can also freeze it.
Makes 6 Serving