Exotic Chicken and Mango Curry
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil or 30g ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 40g Curry Powder or Curry paste
- 1 large mango, flesh sliced
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 6 chicken thighs (bone in), skin removed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs slivered almonds, toasted
- couscous or basmati rice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add onion and cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until browned.
- Add curry, mango, stock powder, tomato and cream. Season, then bring to the boil.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish. Pour the mango mixture over the chicken, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander and slivered almonds and serve with couscous or rice.