Easy Dessert Crepes With Ricotta and Raspberries
makes about 20 crepes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar (1 teaspoon for savory)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, melted
Ricotta Cream Filling:
- 3/4 cup part skim milk ricotta
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1/4 of an orange
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange Scented Raspberries:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries
- zest of half an orange
- juice from one small orange
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process on high for 45-60 seconds, or until well blended. Scrape sides down, if necessary, with a spatula. Let rest in the refrigerator for an hour or up to overnight.
- Heat a 10-inch crepe pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or spray oil. When hot, add 1/3 cup of batter to the pan.
- Swirl the pan to spread the batter all around evenly. Then, place on the heat and cook for about 1 minute. When the top is no longer shiny, then you will know it is ready to turn. Flip with a spatula and cook for another 15-45 seconds, until golden. Remove and place on a plate while you cook the remaining crepes.
For the Ricotta:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer (I used hand-held) until combined. Set aside in a bowl.
For the Orange Scented Raspberries:
- Add the sugar and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Stir until combined. Add the raspberries, zest, and orange juice. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling, then reduce to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
Assembly of the Crepes:
- Spread one side of each crepe with the ricotta mixture. Roll up and top with raspberries.