Easy Chocolate Cakes a Cracked Chocolate Earth
- 16 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 9 eggs separated
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the sugar.
- Take the eggs whites beat on high in a mixer until stiff.
- When the chocolate is melted take a little of the chocolate and put in the egg yolks to temper the eggs.
- Combine slowly together so not to scramble the eggs.
- When eggs whites are stiff, fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a buttered Springform pan and place into a 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Wait 10 minutes to cool before you unmold.