Custard Apple Cake with Crumble
- 4 apples or around 4-5 large apple
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 whole eggs
2 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter
1/4 granulated sugar
1/3 + 2 tablespoon cup of milk
1 tablespoon lemon rind
1 1/5 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt
powder sugar for dusting
For the crumble
- 300g/10½oz plain flour, sieved
- pinch of salt
- 175g/6oz brown sugar
- 200g/7oz unsalted butter at room temperature, cubed, plus a little for greasing
- Cut the apples in a medium bowl and add the lemon juice, stir and set aside (place them on the chiller will be better)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer, Add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder and salt, keep on mixing. Add the milk and melted butter, mix well.
- add the apples and mix with spatula. coat the pie plate with butter (do not use a springform pan_)
- make the crumble; Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mixed apple to the plate form and then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top. place on the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until ready
take out from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving with a good Vanilla Ice Cream