CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
Recipe made famous among the young generations, a street food dish that are ready for table setting meal
- 2 boneless chicken thigh , around 320g
- 2/3 cup sweet potato starch , or you can use other starch to replace it
- 1 small bunch of basil
- oil for deep-frying
- 1.5 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. beer
- 1/8 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 3 garlic cloves , finely grinded
- 1 egg , smaller one
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
Mixed seasonings powder
- 1 tbsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- Clean fresh basil leaves and drain completely with kitchen paper.
- Mix all the marinating ingredients with chicken meat. Combine well and set aside in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add half of the flour in the marinating bowl and mix well.
- Heat up oil to 170 degree C. Place the remaining flour in the plate and coat each chicken pieces with a thin layer of flour.Slow the heat to medium heat and fry the chicken pieces for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.Transfer out and cool down slightly (around 2 to 3 minutes).
- Reheat the oil around 150 degree C and then add basil leaves in. And then continue heating the oil until really hot, return the fried chicken pieces to fry for around half minute.
- Mix the ingredients together and toast in a dry frypan over low–medium heat until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the seasonings; serve immediately with chilled beer.