Crispy Garlic Prawn.
- 500g (1 lb) peeled and deveined prawns
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 coriander roots
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 cup plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- STEP 1 Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic and coriander roots to a rough paste. Mix the prawns with the garlic paste, pepper, fish sauce and sugar.
- STEP 2 Heat enough vegetable oil in a saucepan for deep frying. When the oil is hot, toss the prawns in the flour and then cook in batches in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Coconut Sweet Chilli as a dipping sauce.