CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMONGRASS AND KAFIR LIME LEAVES
This particular recipe have its own distinct taste, not like any other fried chicken, it has that beautifully fragrant flavor coming from the lime leaves and lemongrass, that sweet flavor of the chicken meat meets sour, so good.
- 500g (1 lb) chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces, for this recipe I use a whole chicken cut in to half.
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and cut into roughly 4cm batons
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 coriander (cilantro) roots
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn flour (cornstarch’
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 5 makrut lime leaves, destemmed and finely sliced
- 3 bird eyes chili, seeded and finely slice