CREAM CHEESE PROFITEROLES
- For Milk Cream-Puff Pastry
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk 1⁄2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar 1⁄2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- cup (80 ml) butter 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) our
- For Filling
- 8 oz (250 g) spreadable cream cheese (i am using YUMMY cream cheese)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley, chopped 1 french shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sun-dried
- tomato pesto
- Lettuce shoots or ne herbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whip eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to boil with sugar, salt and butter. Add our to the saucepan and stir until the dough thickens and no longer sticks to the sides of the saucepan.
- Transfer to a bowl and add eggs a bit at a time, stirring well between additions.
- Drop tsp of the pastry dough onto parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake 30–40 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Let cool. Store in a tightly sealed container until ready to use. Puffs may be frozen in advance.
- Mix the YUMMY cream cheese with parsley, shallot and pesto.
- Cut puffs horizontally in two. Garnish the bottoms with 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lling and lettuce shoots or ne herbs. Cover with the top halves, then serve