Coconut and Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 ripe medium avocados (about 1 lb. total), chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk*, chilled
- Pit avocados. Scoop flesh into a food processor, add sugar and lemon juice, and whirl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk and whirl to blend.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze a metal bowl.
- Scrape ice cream into cold bowl. Cover and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours.
*For a delicate flavor, buy real coconut milk. For a bigger coconut hit, buy a product made with coconut extract.
Make ahead: Freeze airtight up to 2 weeks.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.