CLAYPOT EGG TOFU AND SEAFOOD
BRAISED EGG TOFU, Is an authentic home-cooked dish popular among the Chinese household. It is normally braised in a clay pot which adds an earthy aroma to the dish. If you do not have a clay pot, prepare it in a large pan or the wok.
Tofu is an excellent source of protein which makes it a balanced meal even without meat. It acts as a sponge and takes on any flavor adding to it, The preparation of this recipe is easy, which can be done within thirty minutes.
- 150g silken egg tofu
- 3 slices ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 dry shitake mushrooms, soaked until hydrated (optional if you don't have this in the kitchen, you can use fresh one)
- 100 gr white cabbage sliced
- 1/4 stick carrot, cut into thin slices
- 100 gr cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 snow peas, remove the tough strings
- 100 Gr chicken tight cut into slices
- 120 gr medium size prawn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (vegetarian)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut the tofu into slices or pieces of at least 1 cm thick.
- Pan-fried the tofu until both sides turn golden brown. Remove and set aside,
- Saute the garlic and sliced ginger.
- Once they turn aromatic, add the chicken and prawn then add all the shiitake mushrooms and vegetables and stir fry briefly.
- Transfer to a clay pot.
- Add the mushroom water (if not using, just add simple veggie broth or chicken broth or just simple water) and the seasonings to braise the vegetables for five minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with some water to form a slurry. Add to the vegetables to thicken the liquid.
- Add the tofu to the vegetables. Mix carefully so as not to break the tofu. Serve.