CLASSIC ITALIAN BRUSCHETTA
- 2 to 3 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 slices of Tuscan bread, or any other rustic bread toasted
- 1 clove garlic + 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Coarsely chopped basil leaves, for garnish
- Combine the chopped tomatoes and half of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a half cut of garlic in a bowl and toss. Marinate the tomatoes for about 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Toast the bread slices on a charcoal grill until golden-brown and lightly marked with grill lines. You can also toast them in an oven or toaster, or on a griddle or grill pan, if charcoal grilling is not possible.
- Gently rub the grilled slices of bread with the cut end of the raw garlic clove.
- Top each slice with the marinated tomatoes. Sprinkling with flaky sea salt and chopped fresh basil leaves. Finish with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.