CINNAMON NUTELLA ROLL
- 1 (¼-oz.) package active dry yeast
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 9 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Dash of milk
- 150 gr chocolate button (56% cocoa)
- 200 gr Nutella
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 40 gr milk
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 2, 20x20 square cake pans
- Combine yeast, 1 tsp. sugar and ½ cup warm water in a bowl until foamy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring milk, butter, salt, and remaining sugar to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until all comes together and let cool until lukewarm.
- Stir the milk mixture to yeast mixture with vanilla, 2 eggs, cinnamon powder, and whisk until combine. Last add flour and mix until combine again. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap; let sit until dough doubles in size, about 1½ hours.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll dough into a 20" x 24" rectangle. Spread Nutella filling evenly over dough, leaving a ½" border on one long side and sprinkle the chocolate button on top of the filling. Brush the clean border of the dough with the rest of the milk. Roll dough into a log towards the end brushed with egg; trim ends and cut log into 12 rounds.
- Transfer 6 rounds cut side up to the baking dishes (6 rolls each pans), and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!
- Mix all the ingredients until combine together.
another recipe from Samuel