Chocolate Mint WHOOPY
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 160g (1 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) buttermilk Choc-mint ganache
- 2 x 100g pkts Lindt Excellence Mint Intense
- 160ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
- 100g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate
- Nestlé Peppermint Crisp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the cocoa and bicarbonate of soda to combine. Use a metal spoon to fold in flour and buttermilk, in alternating batches, until just smooth. The mixture should be a little stiff.
- Use a 3cm-diameter ice-cream scoop to place rounds of the mixture onto prepared trays, leaving 5cm for spreading. Use your finger to smooth mixture around the edges.
- Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes or until firm. Cool slightly. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining mixture.
- To make the filling: Melt the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl on High/800 watts/100%, stirring every minute, until smooth. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is smooth. Place in the fridge for 1-1 1/2 hours or until thick and spreadable. Use an electric beater to beat until pale and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Starting from the edge of a whoopie base, swirl the filling over the base. Pipe half the whoopies with choc-mint ganache.
- Top with the remaining whoopies and press lightly to sandwich together. Spread the tops with melted dark chocolate. Top with chopped Nestlé Peppermint Crisp.