Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
For the Brownies:
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, plus more for pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of kosher salt
For the Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 pounds chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a quarter sheet pan (a small jelly roll pan), or a 13x9inch pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom, spread with butter, and dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. When the mixture is creamy, and all lumps are gone, add in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Add in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- With the mixer on low, add in flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake until shiny on the top, 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Remove brownie from the pan, and cut in half. Spread ice cream on one half, and top with the other half. Freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Cut the large ice cream sandwich into smaller sandwiches. Insert wooden popsicle sticks, and freeze for another hour.
- Melt the chocolate with the oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals, until chocolate is smooth. Dip each ice cream sandwich in the chocolate, and let set on a sheet of parchment paper. Wrap in parchment paper and freeze until ready to serve.