Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small chunks)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Sesame seeds (for garnish, optional)
- Heat a wok (or large skillet) over medium-high heat. Add 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil. Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli florets and 4 tablespoons chicken broth. Stir fry broccoli for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more sesame oil to the wok (about 1 tablespoon). Season chicken bits with salt and pepper. Add to the wok and cooked until chicken is fully cooked (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add in remaining 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, oyster sauce, and hoisin sauce. Add broccoli mix well and cook until the mixture has become well heated. Serve with white rice. Makes 2 Servings