Chinese Beef with Mushrooms
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak (sliced into thin strips)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- In a large bowl combine garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, water, and cornstarch. Mix well. Add flank steak and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok or fry pan to medium high heat. Add oil. Remove steak slices from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and place into the pan and stir fry until the steak is fully cooked (about 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the wok if necessary and add mushroom slices. Stir fry mushrooms for 3 minutes. Add the marinade liquid to the wok, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 seconds. Return steak to the pan and simmer until heated through.