CHICKENKATSU CURRY RAMEN
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 box golden curry (the small 100g box)
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 Chicken breast, bone removed and pounded flat to 1/2-1/4″ thickness
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Neutral oil for frying
- Ramen noodles (fresh or dried, 4 portions as per package)
- Garnishes of your choice (7 minute egg, bok choy, green onion, sesame, nori etc)
- thinly sliced green onion
- toasted sesame seeds
- steamed bok choy
- boiled eggs
- enoki mushrooms, I prefer sautéed shitake instead
Crispy Fried Garlic: (my ultimate must have on my ramen)
- 1-2 very thinly sliced whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- making your stocks: In a large pot saute your onion and garlic then once the onion and garlic have changed color add stock and golden curry, whisk to combine and bring to a boil. The stock will thicken slightly. Set aside on a low heat to keep warm while you prepare the garnishes and chicken breast cats.
- Making your crispy fried garlic : Heat oil and add garlic, gently stirring and flipping until golden brown. Watch this VERY closely as it can burn very very quickly. Remove with spoon and place on paper towel to drain, let cool.
- Making your 7 minutes ramen eggs, this you can make ahead of time, otherwise just boiled the eggs for 7 min and once is done deep them into icy cold water to stop them from cooking
- Making your Katsu : Set up a breading station, a separate container for flour, egg and panko. Place each chicken tight into the flour, then egg, and into the panko, pressing firmly. Repeat the egg and panko step to double bread.
- Over medium high heat in a large saucepan or pot place a good amount of oil (1/2″ or so) to shallow fry the chicken. You’ll know this is hot enough when a breadcrumb dropped into the oil begins to sizzle immediately. Fry for about 2 minutes per side or until they are golden brown and crisp. (You can also deep fry or bake these if you wish.)
- When chicken is cooked remove and place on a wire rack to cool/rest while you make your noodles.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions, if you can find fresh ramen it will only take a few minutes. Portion noodles and place into bowls.Turn up the temperature on the curry stock just to heat it up a bit and gently ladle 1/4 of it onto a bowl of noodles.Top with garnishes and a sliced chicken katsu and enjoy!