Chicken With Sour Cream-Dill Sauce
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Combine the salt, pepper and flour in a shallow pan and dredge the tenderloins.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders and cook until barely golden on one side - 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the tenders from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet (it may be necessary to add a bit more oil) and cook until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth, scraping up any of the browned bits for flavor.
- Whisk in the sour cream and white wine vinegar, stirring until smooth. Return the chicken to the pan and add the dill. Cook for an additional minute, turning the chicken to coat with the sauce.
- Makes 4 servings