- 1.2 kg higher-welfare chicken
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta, torn into chunks
- 12 slices higher-welfare pancetta
- 50 g wild rocket
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 145 g semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and halved
- balsamic vinegar
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then rub with a little olive oil.
- Place in a roasting tray and roast for 1½ hours or until cooked, adding the bread after 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Once your chicken has cooled slightly, tear the meat into long pieces with your hands or a couple of forks, and set aside.
- Fry the pancetta slices in a little oil until crispy. Toss the chicken with the croutons, rocket, mint, tomatoes and pancetta.
- Season well, dress with a little balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and serve with a glass of crisp white wine.