- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (see below)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4-8 inch flour tortilas
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced (about 1/4cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, coarsely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 table spoon vegetable oil
- Combine the cream cheese and hot sauce in a small bowl until creamy. Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and divide the cream cheese mixture between them. Spread over the entire surface to within 1/2-inch of the edge.
- Combine the jalapenos, tomato, scallions and cilantro in a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange a portion evenly over half of each tortillas and top with about 1/2cup of the shredded cheese. Add a potion of chicken and top with the remaining pepper jack. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Brush a heavy skillet with a thin coating of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the quesadillas, one at a time until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Brush the skillet with more oil as needed. Allow the quesadillas to cool for about 3 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with sour cream for dipping.