Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bit sized pieces)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup green pepper (diced)
- ¼ cup onion (diced)
- 3 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce (minced)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 corn tortilla chips (broken into pieces)
- 2 cups cooked hot white rice
- lettuce, sour cream, and cheese
In a large saucepan over medium high heat combine chicken, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cumin and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Divide the hot cooked rice into four bowls. Place chicken mixture on top of the rice in each bowl, and top with chips, cheese, sour cream and lettuce.
Yield: (4 Servings)