Chicken Cooked Padang Style
- 2.4 lbs Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Tamarind Water
- 500 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Sweet soy sauce ( "KecapManis" )
- 3 pcs Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Javanese palm sugar ( "GulaMerah" )
- Cooking oil l50 gr Red chilies
- 12 Shallots
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Shrimp paste
- 2 cm Ginger
- 2 cm Lesser galangal
2 tsp salt;
- Cut the chicken into 8 - 10 pieces, then smear it with salt and Javanese Tamarind Water.
- Knead the chicken and leave it for 10 minutes to let it absorbs the seasonings.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or skillet, fry the chicken until yellowish.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat 5 tbsp of cooking oil,saute (stir-fry) spices until fragrant.
- Add the fried chicken, stir, and pour water.
- Add sweet soy sauce, sugar, tomatoes and palm sugar.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked well and the sauce thickens.