Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ sticks (Â¾ cup) unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add 1 stick of butter to a small microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic and ½ tsp salt. Whisk until well combined. Add butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix. Add cheese and fold in with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile melt remaining ½ stick of butter in small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and parsley. Stir with pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!