CAFE DE PARIS BUTTER THE REAL DEAL
This is my version Cafe de Paris Butter, which you need and always have on your pantry, great for steaks! Place a slice onto your cooked steak and it melts into the most amazing cafe de paris sauce. If you are looking for an easy recipe for compound butter for pan fried or grilled steak, this is it! This steak butter is packed with herbs, garlic, mustard and more, this a great keto sauce to keep in the freezer!
- 1 kg soft unsalted butter
- 60g tomato ketchup
- 25g Dijon mustard
- 25g capers in brine, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 125g eschallots, finely diced
- 50g curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g fresh chives, finely chopped
- 5g dried marjoram
- 5g dried dill
- 5g fresh thyme leaves, lightly chopped
- 10 fresh Tarragon leaves, lightly chopped
- pinch of ground dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped 8 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp good brandy (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tbsp Madeira (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp curry powder
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 8 white peppercorns, finely ground
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- zest of ¼ orange
- 10-12g sea salt
- Beat the butter on low speed in an electric mixer until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all the remaining ingredients before adding to the butter. Mix on a low speed in the mixer.
- Place a double thickness of foil 20cm in length on a workbench and place a third of the butter along the closest edge, leaving about 5cm free at either end. Roll into a long shape about 5cm in diameter, twisting the ends to seal. Repeat twice more, or until all the butter is used up, then refridgerate until set.