Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie tray with parchment or a Silpat mat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Dice the butter into cubes and crumble through the flour with your fingers until it becomes coarse.
- Add the buttermilk and cheese to the flour and gently mix through. The dough will be sticky. Dump the dough onto a floured area and gently fold into a ball.
- Using your hands pat the dough out to about one inch high. Using a three and a half inch circle cutter, cut out circles and place onto the cookies sheet.
- Gather up the scraps of dough and form a circle again. Cut until the all of the dough has been used.
- Place the biscuits in the oven and bake for 15 minutes and golden brown in color. Let cool, slice and serve with your choice of fillings. You could add rosemary to the dough, or chives, or chopped bacon, or Parmesan. So many options!