Bulgogi Rice Bowl
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar (divided)
- 5 scallions, sliced (divided)
- Black pepper
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 c. cooked white rice, warmed
- sesame seeds
- Cut steak into smaller, equally-sized pieces that are easier to handle with tongs.
- In a medium bowl, mix together steak, soy sauce, white wine, garlic, 3 tablespoons sugar, 3 scallions, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside to marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cucumber, carrot, and 1 tablespoon salt. Add vinegar, water, remaining sugar and remaining scallions. Mix until combined and chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Once hot, remove the meat from the marinade and place on the grill. Season with pepper and grill the steak for about 3 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) for medium-rare. Transfer steak to cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- Divide rice, steak, and cucumber salad among four bowls. Sprinkle bowls with sesame seeds.