- 2 oz. Spanish-style cured chorizo, diced
- 4 eggs
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4-1/2 c shredded cheddar/jack/asadero cheese
- Heat a nonstick skillet (whatever you cook eggs in) over medium heat and cook the chorizo for a few minutes, until it softens up some and renders a decent amount of fat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add in the eggs (I scramble them as I crack them into the pan to save adish, but feel free to scramble in a separate bowl first). Cook until soft scrambled (or more if you are blasephemous that way), stirring often.
- Meanwhile, preheat boiler on low, and place tortillas on a baking sheet. When eggs/chorizo mixture is ready, divide among the tortillas and top each with 1-2 tblspns of cheese. Broil for about 2 min, until tortillas are warmed and cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado, or any other toppings (cilantro, onion, tomato, salsa, hot sauce, all would be good here).