- 1 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- Let that sit for 5 minutes. Then add ,
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix until smooth then let raise for 10 minutes. Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface. Brush with melted (real) butter mixed with minced garlic and then sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately after baking, brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with marinara(see below), alfredo sauce, or ranch for dipping.
- Dough also makes a great pizza dough, just roll out into a large circle, add your favorite toppings, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Marinara Sauce: Brown about a Tbsp of minced garlic in olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan. Add 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 small can tomato sauce, and 1 tomato, lightly blended. Then add 2 tsp. basil and 2 tsp. oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for half an hour.