Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet, (see Ingredient Note), skinned (see Tip) and cut into 4 portions
- 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 1 small avocado, pitted
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Oil grill rack (see Tip); preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato and onion