Beer-Battered Yogurt Fried Chicken
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground peppercorns, to taste (add at least 1/2 tablespoon)
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, salt, ground peppercorns, and cayenne.
- Add the chicken and let stand on counter for 4 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, onion salt, garlic powder, cayenne, ground peppercorns.
- Whisk in the beer until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large and deep pot or skillet; you should have enough oil to cover the chicken half way up.
- Cover a serving plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Pull the chicken out of the yogurt mixture and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken in beer-batter and coat; drain of any excess and add to hot oil.
- Fry the chicken in batches, turning once, until golden; about 20 minutes.
- Place the fried chicken on prepared serving plate; let stand for a few minutes.