Beef Negimaki With Broccolini and Rice
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound top round, thinly sliced and cut into 12 strips (6 inches by 2 1/2 inches each)
- 8 scallions, cut into 3-inch-long pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 pound Broccolini
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat grill. Fold four 18-inch-long pieces of foil in half; unfold and coat inside with cooking spray.
- Combine hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar and oil in a bowl; coat beef with marinade.
- Place a handful of scallions and carrots on end of 1 strip of beef (tips should hang over edges of meat); roll up beef to enclose vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining beef, scallions and carrots. Place 1/4 cup rice in center of 1 half of each piece of foil; top rice with 3 beef rolls each.
- Surround rice and beef in each packet with 1/4 of Broccolini; season all with salt and pepper. Fold foil to close and crimp 2 sides of each packet, leaving 1 side open; pour 1/4 cup broth into each packet.
- Crimp third side of packets to seal; place on grill; close lid; cook until packets are fully puffed, 10 minutes. Carefully cut foil to open; serve.