BEEF CHORIZO BURGER WITH SALSA
This recipe is super delicious, If you like Spices this burger Will suit you perfectly, It features an authentic blend of robust herbs and spices with a rich flavor of beef. serve with beautifully Pico De Gallo or salsa Fresca.
- 500 gr coarsely ground lean beef
- 130 gr coarsely ground beef fat (ask your butcher)
- 5 cloves garlic ,minced
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 Burger buns store brought
- HOME MADE PICO DE GALLO
- sliced cucumber
- your choice of melted cheese, choice can be sliced mozzarella, Provolone, cheddar or Emental cheese
- Place the meat in a large bowl and all all remaining ingredients. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the mixture. Place the chorizo in a colander or sieve over a bowl, cover the top with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 days, daily squeezing out and discarding any liquid (this isn't absolutely necessary but it will more closely resemble the texture of store-bought chorizo). After 3 days, divide the meat up into 6 little 4 oz loaves, wrap each one in plastic wrap and place the loaves in a freezer bag or wrap again in aluminum foil. You can also use wax or freezer paper.
- The chorizo will keep in the freezer for up to 4 months. Storing it longer doesn't really pose a safety concern, but the taste will suffer.
- Makes 700 pounds, divided into five 140 gr. servings.
- ASSEMBLE THE BURGER: Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat. Brush the burgers lightly with vegetable oil. Also brush the grill grates with vegetable to keep the patties from sticking. Grill the patties directly over the heat for about 4 - 6 minutes a side or until cooked through. Let rest for a few minutes before building the burger. I like to cook the burgers to 65°C, and the temp goes up to 70°C as they rest. I've also cooked these burgers under the broiler (about 7 minutes per side)
- Seared the burger on the pan, create that beautiful brown crust then , start stacking with your mayo, lettuce, the patties then your pico de Gallo.