Bbq Crispy Duck
- 1 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large heaped tsp of corn flour
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine / or sherry / or rum
- ¼ tsp five spice powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Zest of ½ an orange
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl. Coat the duck legs in the marinade and leave over night or for a couple of hours so all the flavours can sink in.
- Cook on the BBQ on a low heat if you have gas or at the end when the coals are not so fierce on a charcoal BBQ. They will take quite a while to cook slowly and crisp up but if you are unsure, put them in the oven to finish cooking them. They will take about 30 minutes to cook.
- Serve with extra Hoi Sin sauce on the side and a green salad with plenty of spring onion and cucumber.