Banana Tarte Tatin
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup rum sauce
- 3 bananas, cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Working on a clean surface, roll the pastry dough into an 11-inch circle and chill.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Add the rum sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and arrange the banana slices in a single layer in the hot rum sauce. Drape the pastry over the bananas, fitting the overhang up the sides of the skillet. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, until the pastry turns golden brown. Cool the tarte tatin in the skillet for 30 minutes before inverting it onto a serving platter.
- This banana tarte tatin recipe makes 8 servings.