Baked Orange and Ricotta Cake
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled short crust quiche pastry, partially thawed
- 750g ricotta cheese (I used local brand YUMMI)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Using the base of a 22cm round spring form pan as a guide, cut out a circle from pastry. Line base with pastry. Prick pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 170°C/150°C fan-forced.
- Meanwhile, process ricotta, orange rind, orange juice, sugar and eggs until almost smooth. Stir in chocolate. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with raspberries and almonds. Bake for 40 minutes or until just set. Cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
You could serve cake with an easy orange syrup: combine 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in zest of 1 orange. Cool. Replace flaked almonds with shredded coconut