Baked Maple-Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pancake/maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf of stale bread, sliced (about 6 slices)
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Cream the cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer; about 8 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon ; mix well for another 10 minutes.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and place them in a large baking dish; pour the remaining egg mixture on top of the bread and refrigerate for at least 1 hour; the longer they sit, the better.
- Heat oven at 425.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once half way through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Top with maple syrup (optional).
- *If you have vanilla sugar, add it to your powdered sugar and then sprinkle on top of the toastâ€¦itâ€™s that much better!