BAKED LOBSTER WITH CHEESE
- 1/2 lobster
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1/2 slice bacon (chopped finely)
- 1 stalk spinach
- 1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 slices cheese (use your favorite cheese)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Some flour
- Dried parsley flakes
- Clean the lobster and cut it into halves (use only half the lobster). Boil the spinach in hot water, drain the water dry and chop the spinach. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok/skillet and add in the melted butter. Saute the garlic and bacon until aromatic, then add in the spinach and cream and bring to boil. Add salt and a pinch of sugar, and a little flour to thicken the sauce. Dish out.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree. Spread the mixture onto the body of the lobster and its head evenly. Break the cheese into small pieces and top the lobster with them. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Sprinkle dried parsley flakes on the lobster and serve hot with lemon wedges.
- I used Kraft American Cheese for this recipe; I found Kraft to be light and becomes crispy when baked. Plus, I actually like processed cheese. You might want to use sharp cheese if you want to try this. (I don’t intend to commit a “culinary sin” by using Kraft!) *wink*
- I saved the other half of this lobster for my second recipe, and the lobster claws for the third recipe.