BAKED EGGS W/ CHEESE, TOMATOES & BACON
- 4 eggs
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 strips of bacon
- A good hunk of cheese to grate
- Smoked paprika
- 2 ramekins or other oven proof dishes
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the strips of bacon on the stove.
- If you are going to use a water bath, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a kettle.
- Grease each of the ramekins with butter.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and divide among the dishes. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
- Once the bacon has nicely browned, remove, blot off excess grease with paper towels and chop into small pieces.
- Divide the bacon between the two dishes. (Add a little extra to the dish you know will be yours. If you are not sure, don’t risk it.)
- Grate the cheese into each dish and then crack two eggs into each dish.
- Sprinkle ~ 1/8 tsp of the smoke paprika on top of each dish along with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of pepper.
- If you are using a water bath, place both ramekins in a high sided, oven proof baking pan. Place the pan in the middle rack of the oven and then pour in the boiling water.
- If you are not using a water bath, place both ramekins on a cooking sheet and then into the oven.
- Cook until the egg whites turn opaque, roughly 15-20 minutes. It could be less depending on your toppings, so start checking after 10 minutes. The eggs may not set firmly, but will be custard like.