- a handful of Parmesan, grated
- 2 x 250g tubs of mascarpone
- 100g taleggio cheese, grated
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- a handful of chopped walnuts
- 180g bag of baby spinach, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20g pack of fresh sage
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 packet of fresh lasagne – 12 sheets
INTRUCTIONSTry these simple cannelloni – they’re great as a vegetarian alternative.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Mix half the Parmesan, the mascarpone, the taleggio, the lemon zest and juice, and the walnuts.
- Put ¼ of the mixture to one side, then combine the remaining cheese mixture with the spinach and season to taste.
- Fry the sage leaves in hot butter and crumble ½ into the cheese and spinach mixture, saving the rest for the top.
- Put a good spoonful of the cheese and spinach mixture along one of the longer edges of each lasagne sheet and roll up.
- Put them in a flat oven dish, dot with the leftover cheese mixture, drizzle over ¼ of a glass of water and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and crispy sage leaves.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.