Ayam Pelalah Shereded Chicken with Chillies & Lime
- 1 whole chicken, weighing about 1.2 kg (2,5 lb)
- 1 cup spice paste for chicken
- 1/2 cup Sambel Tomat
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Rub the chicken outside and inside with the spice paste.
- Place on wire rack in oven and roast at 180° C (350 ° F) until done.
- When cool, remove and discard the skin.
- Remove meat from bones and shred by hand into fine strips.
- Combine chicken strips with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature with steamed rice.
Should there be any left-over chicken, it can be mixed with mashed potato and made into patties; just shallow fry them in a little hot oil until golden. The use of potato is not strictly Balinese, but the result is very good.