Apricot and Coconut SLICE
- 150g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (115g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (115g) plain flour
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Cream, to serve
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (35g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 ripe apricots, halved, stone removed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold in the flours. Press into the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the topping, use a balloon whisk to whisk the eggs, sugar, coconut, cream and vanilla together.
- Pour over the base. Arrange the apricot halves cut side down, in rows on the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.