HONEY SHIRACHA GARLIC SALMON
- 4 salmon fillet 150 gr each
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoon shiracha or other hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- mix the sauce together on a separate bowl, honey, water, soy sauce and shiracha set aside
- Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the sauce; allow the flavours to heat through and combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Optional -- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste). ]
- Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.