TEX MEX CHICKEN SALAD
For the Chicken:
1/2 cup margarita mix
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup olive oil
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
For the Salad:
1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 cup corn kernels, cooked
1 can black beans, well rinsed
2 tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 avocado, sliced
tortilla strips or chips, optional
Creamy Avocado Salad
For The Creamy Avocado Dressing:
1/2 avocado peeled and pit removed
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large freezer bag or Ziploc bag, combine margarita mix, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir until well combined and add chicken.
- Close bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Coat grill pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag and discard sauce.
- Add chicken to grill pan and cook for 6 minutes; flip and continue to cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until done.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, layer chopped iceberg lettuce.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado slices.
- When chicken is done, slice into strips and add on top of salad.
- Toss with Creamy Avocado Dressing.