Pineapple Thai Chile Cinnamon Popsicles
2 cinnamon sticks, toasted
4 Thai chiles
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place two cinnamon sticks on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for about five minutes, until fragrant. Finely chop four Thai chiles, and combine in a small saucepot with a half cup of water, half cup of sugar and toasted cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat, cover, and let sit overnight for the flavors to infuse.
- Chop one pineapple, discarding core. Puree cut pineapple with a half cup of the cinnamon-chile syrup (discard the cinnamon sticks) in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Strain the pineapple liquid through a fine-mesh sieve. Pour into popsicle molds or three-ounce Dixie cups. Cover thoroughly with plastic wrap, insert sticks (poke through the plastic wrap) and freeze overnight.
- For hotter popsicles, add additional Thai chiles; for milder popsicles, strain the simple syrup.
- Depending on how sweet the pineapple is, you may want to increase or decrease the amount of simple syrup