MOIST LEMON CAKE
425g Cake Flour
380g Fine Sugar
2tbsp Baking Powder
1tsp Sea Salt
Zest of 1 Lemon
225g Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed
2tsp Lemon Extract
340g Fresh Milk
85g Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Grease and line two 8 inch pans.
- Combine cake flour, baking powder, sea salt, lemon zest and fine sugar in a mixer. With a paddle attachment mix the ingredients for a few seconds.
- Add the butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 of the wet ingredients into the mixer. Turn the speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Once mixture turns pale and fluffy, slowly add the remaining liquid. Scrape teacher bowl and mix on high for 30 more seconds.
- Divide mixture equally into the prepared pans. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove and cool completely on a wired rack.
400ml Whipping Cream (I use Millac Gold)
1/4-1/2 cup Icing Sugar (to your preferred sweetness)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract.
Whipped together all ingredients until stiff peaks.
photo reference by baker boys