GANDUL RICE (RIB SOUP RICE) From PATI
1 kg Beef Ribs (with this i used Local RIBS) request the butcher to cut the ribs into half
400 ml coconut milk
1/2 cup of dessicate coconut (shreded coconut)
4 pcs kaffir lime leaves
2 tbs sweet soy sauce salt, peper and sugar to taste
12 cloves of garlic
1 tbs corriander seeds. roasted or sautee until fragrant
8-10 cm greater galangal (kencur)
5 cm ginger, crushed.
- Boil your ribs in a pressure cooker for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender, Keep the broth. (discarded the beef caracas)
- Stir fry the processed ingredients until fragrant, add the lie leaves
- Then add the beef broth, coconut milk and dessicated coconut (this will give the consistency of the sauce)
- Add the Beef ribs to the broth, cook until the sauce becomes a thick gravy
- Add 2 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- To serve, Place im a serving dish, (cut the banana leaves according to the plate) place the rice, then the ribs with the sauce on top of the rice, sprinkle with chopped celery.